- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 fresh hot chili peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces pumpkin, chopped in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package DeLallo Pappardelle Egg Pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange peppers, garlic and onion. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast in oven for about an hour, turning often. Remove from heat. Transfer to food processor. Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until a chunky purée is achieved. Set aside.
- Sauté pumpkin with remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook for about 12 minutes, evenly browning each piece.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Once al dente, drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add hot pasta to saucepan with pumpkin. Toss with spicy pepper purée and fresh parsley. Heat together for about 2 minutes to marry flavors. Serve topped with Parmesan.