- 1 (3-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 6 tablespoons DeLallo Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze
- 1 (7-ounce) package DeLallo Jumbo Pitted Calamata Olives
- 1 (7-ounce) package DeLallo Pitted Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 (4-ounce) jar DeLallo Nonpareil Capers
- 3 lemons, sliced in rounds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4-5 thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Rinse the chicken, and then dry it well (inside and out) with paper towels.
- Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken and add the lemon halves and thyme sprigs. Truss the whole bird with kitchen twine. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and brush with 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F. Brush the chicken with 2 more tablespoons of balsamic glaze. Roast another 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons of balsamic glaze. Allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, return the oven heat to 450 F. In a mixing bowl, toss together the olives, capers, lemon slices, thyme, thyme sprigs and olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove olives from the oven. Transfer chicken to a serving dish. Serve garnished with olives.